"Work out your salvation with fear and trembling..." Philippians 2:12
Are you happy? Yeah... seriously... with your job, career, relationship, finances, social status, etc. are you happy? This is one of the most awkward and yet very vital question ever! If you hesitate to answer this question whenever it pops up, then this post is for you.
Being happy can mean so many things to people, however, understanding why you need it as a key essential in your daily life and how to acquire it is what I want to share with you today. Most people think they are happy or feel happy when things are rosy and life is just like heaven, however, it will shock you to find out that there are a lot of people who 'seemingly' have it all going-on well for them, but they are not happy. They still want so much more, sometimes, something they can't even have.
I have come to understand that no one can make you happy if you are not happy yourself. This means that, for you to actually be happy, you have to make the choice to be. You have to consciously put yourself in places or be involved in things that will harness the happy place in you. So today, I will be sharing tips that have helped me over the years to boost my happy life.
- Learn to love yourself. It is shocking to find that there are people who don't love themselves. I'm not talking about selfishness here... I'm actually referring to loving your body, hair, mindset, who you are, the people you have, etc. If God can love you so much to send his son to die for you, why will you allow so much unforgiveness and self-loath stop you from enjoying life to the fullest? Loving yourself is the first steps to building a happy life.
- Do the things you love. I can't say this enough... I am a typical example of one who followed her dreams. Yes, (at this point), I haven't even achieved the half of what I dream of, but I am so glad that I am on track...that is what is most important. Being on track means, standing by for the opportunity you have been waiting ages for. Don't wait till everything is perfect, start from where you are, start with what you have. Be like me!
Success happens when opportunity meets preparation.
- Eliminate negative energies. This is so important because many people are just not aware that they are mixed with the wrong crowd until it becomes too late. Anything that makes you angry, sad, depressed, etc. needs to be eliminated... especially when you have the power to do so. Also, you need to uproot yourself from any atmosphere that exudes hatred, scorn, envy, jealousy, etc. People who don't want to see you happy shouldn't be at the front row of your life...some shouldn't be in your life, and if they must, they get a back seat. You can't keep exposing yourself to negativity and expect to be happy...hardly ever possible.
- Surround yourself with people who love you. This has been my biggest strong points. I just naturally don't gravitate towards people who don't like me, except I am unaware of your feelings towards me. It is a natural put off for me. This may sound so cliché, but there are actually people who have a knack for mingling with people who don't like them... most times, just to prove a point, but mehhhn... I'm not interested in proving any point to people who would rather see me fail, they better hear of my success from 'the back seat".
- Believe in yourself. It is good to have people who believe in you and motivate you to grow, but realistically... if you don't believe in yourself first, you can never grow, which means you can never move from the place of unhappiness to happiness. Only you have the power to push you forward. God has endowed you with so much that you are short-changing yourself when you look to others for validation. Believing in yourself is the only way to even get others to do so too. Even your enemies can't deny it when they know you are a success.
God has endowed you with so much that you are short-changing yourself when you look to others for validation.
I hope this post has inspired you. Now it is time for you to start working out your happiness with everything that you have.