I know someone will be like, “she has come again.”, but don’t get it twisted, you’ll understand me at the end of it all. So what is this about really? Am I against people that go to church? No. I just want to point out some things that are happening, not to criticize or judge, but to point out the repercussion for hypocrisy especially in church.
Recently, I saw a post on www.nairaland.com/ about some kidnappers. It is remarkable because there were three of them, but they mentioned “Christ Embassy Music Director….bla bla bla” I felt bad about the news and sad for the men involved. Especially for the one from CE. My question is. Why must you mention his church? To get more views? It is obviously working for you, but to what end? Nevertheless, let me move on.
I’ll start by reminding us about what the bible says about the last days in 2 Timothy 3:1-8,
“1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2. For men shall become lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3. Without natural affection, truce breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4. traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God 5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away 6. For of this such are they which creep into houses and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divert lusts, 7. ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth 8. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.”
Now that we’ve seen the scripture, we know that it is inevitable that there will always be thieves, murderers, whore-mongers, liars, cheats, etc in the church. They have been there since the inception of the church and will be till the end, especially now…the last days. Mathew 24:12 says,
“And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.”
In spite of this fact, like my sister will always tell me, you don’t have to let that scripture be fulfilled in your life. That same bible says, “For many are called, but few are chosen.” Why don’t you be among the few? Why don’t you be the one that makes a difference?
Nowadays, you hear Christians say things like, “let’s live God aside on this matter.” Really? At what point do you bring Him in? Don’t you get it? HE IS GOD!He is not someone or thing you toss around whenever you feel like it. When you are sick, or you want to fly, or go on a trip or traveling to the village or pursuing a huge contract you call on him, but once you get what you want, you ‘keep him aside’. You call on God, but you womanize (in church), consciously put in effort to sleep with other people’s spouses, steal, dupe people of their hard earned money, etc. it’s one thing to fall into sin, and ask God for forgiveness, with a decision not to go back, but when it becomes your lifestyle, your custom…its natural/normal for you to do unholy things because, as some will put it, “I can’t help it.”, then there is no difference between you and one who has rejected the gospel entirely.
It is terrible and sad when one commits a crime and his crime is tied to the church, but one must not be moved, for these things have been foretold in the scriptures concerning the end time.
Playing church is:
- When you go to church every week, but with no intention of practicing what you hear.
- When the pastor is preaching and all you do is to find a fault in his teaching. Hence, you came with the mind of opposition.
- When the only reason you are in church is to be calculating who takes the offering and tithe home and how much tax the church should be paying to the government.
- When the reason why you even go to church is for fear of going to hell.
- When all your mind is set on showcasing all the latest trends in fashion; makeup, hair, clothing, etc. it’s not a crime to look good, but it should be your sole purpose for “worshipping” God.
- When you join a church because you are looking for a life partner and you heard this is where you find the hottest and richest sisters and brothers in the Lord.
- When you go to church because the “man/woman of your dreams” attends that church and you are on a mission to catch them in your web.
- When you go to church, but your lifestyle is nothing to write home about. A pastor once said, “if you call yourself a child of God, but your friends never call you to pray for them, unbelievers around you never make a jest of you or call you things like, ‘pastor’, ‘sister’, ‘brother’: they never ask you to pray for them when they are sick or going through challenges, then you are not a child of God.”Lesson: As a Christian, your life should show the fruits of righteousness. Christianity is a lifestyle, you live it. People should look at you and identify with divinity in you. The imprint of God should be made manifest in your thoughts, words and actions.
- When you are in church with a motive to sleep with all available single ladies (and even available married ones) because you hear they are very cheap. Hahaha… Really? You are just making yourself an available vessel for the devil to use to wreck the House of God. Choose to be a vessel for praise and worship. Funny enough, you think you are a player, but trust me, the devil is the highest player of all times. He uses and dumps you in a very miserable way. You may get away with your immorality for a long time, but the “day of the Lord cometh like a thief in the night...” you won’t know what hit you.
Serving God is all encompassing. It is going to church, helping the needy, kindness, love, evangelism, soul-winning, singing praises to God, praying, etc. hence, the main purpose for going to church is to show reverence to go and more so, because He says we should, “do not forsake the gathering together of saints”. We are also reminded in Ephesians 2:19, “Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God.” He church is your family, you may not be a member of ‘A’ denomination, but each time you speak or propagate evil about it, you are doing it to denominations ‘B’, ‘C’ and the rest of them.
N:B No matter how much we go to church and pray, God sees your heart and your motive. If you want, kidnap people to sow the highest seed, whore around to afford the latest fashion, lie your way to the top, manipulate other people to do your mischievous buddings, etc whether in the church or not, He sees your heart. And you’re gonna answer for it in due time.